This air fryer baked oats with no banana recipe is protein-packed, healthy, flavorful, and moist inside, with crispy edges. It makes the best breakfast or brunch meal and is perfect for meal prep and busy weekday mornings.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites, at no extra cost to you.
healthy air fryer baked oats with no banana
Who doesn't love a flavorful, nutritious, and fiber-packed breakfast to start the day? I know I do! When it comes to healthy breakfasts, this air fryer baked oats recipe without banana is top on my list. I hope you guys will love it as much as you do my Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage, Air Fryer French toast, and Ninja Air Fryer Hard-boiled Eggs recipes.
There are so many reasons to love this recipe!!
- These chocolate baked oats are packed full of flavor! Made with no egg, this recipe is vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free.
- Naturally-sweetened with maple-syrup, it is healthy, delicious, full of fiber and protein-packed which helps keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- An easy breakfast meal-prep meal for the week.
This segment explains the best ingredients for making air fryer baked oats and possible options for substitution. For measurements and the full step-by-step instructions, see the recipe card provided at the bottom of this page.
- rolled oats - you can use any type of rolled oats for this recipe such as old fashioned oats, quick-cook, or instant oats. Do not use steel-cut oats as they do not process as well and will not produce the desired texture in this recipe. Also, you want to make sure that are using gluten-free certified oats, if on a gluten-free diet.
- almond milk - to keep this recipe vegan, I used almond milk but feel free to use your preferred choice of milk.
- peanut butter - any nut butter such as almond butter will also do.
- maple syrup or honey.
- olive oil or any neutral vegetable cooking oil of choice.
- chocolate chips.
- baking powder and baking soda.
- vanilla extract, cocoa and cinnamon powder.
how to make air fryer baked oats with no banana
This is a summary of how to make air fryer baked oats without bananas and with no egg. See the detailed steps, refrigeration, freezing and reheating instructions in the recipe card provided below.
- Add all the ingredients with the exception of the chocolate chips to a blender and process until smooth. Once blended, add the chocolate chips and transfer the mixture to a greased or lined parchment paper.
- Air fry until done then serve or store in suitable containers for later.
useful tips when making air fryer baked oats
- For the best results, make sure that you are using rolled oats and not steel cut oats.
- To prevent your air fryer baked oats from turning gooey and sticky in the middle make sure to air fry them long enough. In this regard, seeing that different air fryers cook differently, feel free to add a few more minutes to the cooking time if your baked oats have not cooked through. You can check whether the oats are cooked by inserting a toothpick in the middle of your baking pan. Similar to other baked goods, the toothpick should come out clean.
- You can make this air fryer baked oats recipe without a blender to have more of a bite. Simply add all the ingredients to a bowl and combine and then proceed on with the rest of the steps as described in the recipe card.
- Feel free to use your favorite spices such as cardamom powder or pumpkin spice.
- Add ⅓ cup of chopped nuts, cranberries, or raisins for more of a crunch or sweetness.
- For more protein add a tablespoon of soaked chia seeds, or two tablespoons of Greek yoghurt.
refregeration and freezing instructions
Kept in a suitable airtight container, the air fryer chocolate-baked oats will keep on the countertop at room temperature for 3 days. You can also store the cooked oats in the fridge for 5-7 days , or keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
more air fryer recipes to love!
Try these delicious air fryer recipes!
Air Fryer Baked Oats No Banana
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup almond milk
- 4 tablespoon peanut butter (or your preferred choice of nut butter, such as almond butter).
- 8 tablespoon maple syrup or honey.
- 2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or any neutral vegetable cooking oil)
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder (or more, to taste).
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Add all the ingredients with the exception of the chocolate chips to a blender and process until smooth.2 cups rolled oats, ½ cup almond milk, 4 tablespoon peanut butter, 8 tablespoon maple syrup, 2 tablespoon cacao powder, 1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ cup applesauce, 1 teaspoon baking powder, ¾ teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Once blended, add the chocolate chips and combine.⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Grease or line a baking tin with parchment paper and then transfer the batter to the baking tin. Use a spatula to spread the batter evenly and then place the baking tin inside your air fryer.
- Air fry at 300°F (148°C) for 25 to 30 minutes until puffed up and the tops start to crack. Insert a toothpick in the middle to check if done. The toothpick should come out clean if done.
- Serve the air fryer baked oats warm, or allow them to cool and store in airtight containers.
- As with most of my recipes I am going to be using my Ninja Foodi multi-cooker to make my air fryer baked oats, but you can use any air fryer that you own; Just make sure to use a baking pan that fits into the air fryer you will be using.
- Use a nonstick spray or parchment paper for easier cleaning.
- This recipe is easily customizable; you can double the ingredients to make a double batch, or make individual portions of the same using ramekins.