These ninja air fryer chicken tenders with no breading make for the perfect meal! They require no thawing, are juicy inside, flavorful and perfect to serve for lunch or dinner!
*This post may contain affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you.
unbreaded air fryer chicken tenders from frozen!
Make juicy and flavorful chicken tenders every time! Aside from the fact that it is very easy to prepare, and you do not need to thaw the chicken, this recipe is gluten-free, paleo, low-carb, and keto-friendly.
This section gives a summary of the ingredients you will need to make this recipe. Please see the recipe card provided at the bottom of this page for the full measurements and detailed step-by-step instructions.
- frozen unbreaded chicken tenders.
- melted butter - or your preferred choice of melted cooking oil.
- seasonings - salt and spices.
- chopped parsley to garnish (optional).
Variation:- If you are looking to avoid dairy, use olive oil, coconut oil, or vegan butter in place of regular butter.
how to make air fryer chicken tenders with no breading
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Place the frozen chicken tenders in a cake pan or an air fryer baking barrel then top with the water, melted butter, salt, and seasonings.
- Place the pan or barrel inside your air fryer and air fry for 5 minutes, then turn. Air fryer for the remaining time, making sure to flip as well as to distribute the seasoning mid-cooking. Use an internal read thermometer to check whether the chicken tenders are cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite sides.
- Enjoy it with some Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes or Air Fryer Chips (French Fries) from Frozen
- In case you love pasta, I certainly recommend serving it with some Gigi Hadid Spicy Vodka Pasta.
- Serve it with your favourite dipping sauces such as this No-Mayo Honey Mustard Sauce or Sugar-free and Keto Ketchup
- Air Fryer Basmati Rice is another quick and easy side that you can pair it up with!
refrigeration and freezing instructions
To store leftovers, allow the chicken tenders to cool completely then transfer them to suitable airtight containers. Keep them refrigerated at the USDA recommended temperature of 40°F/4.4°C or less for 3-4 days, or frozen for 3-4 months.
other delicious air fryer recipes
Try these other delicious Air Fryer and Ninja Foodi Recipes!
- These Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets are very delicious and easy to make!
- Does you air fryer come with a dehydrating function? Then I totally recommend you try our Ninja Air Fryer Dehydrated Bananas and ninja foodi dehydrated apple chips.
- Make some Ninja Foodi Omelette for a quick and tasty breakfast!
Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb frozen chicken tenders (approximately 450 grams)
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 teaspoon paprika powder
- ¾ tsp salt (use more or less, depending on how salty you like your food)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½-1 teaspoon black pepper (use more or less, as preferred)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- handful chopped parsley (optional - to garnish)
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F or 200°C. Place the frozen chicken tenders in a cake pan or an air fryer baking barrel then top with the water, melted butter, paprika powder, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning (see notes).1 lb frozen chicken tenders, 2 tablespoon melted butter, ⅓ cup water, 2 teaspoon paprika powder, ¾ teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, ½-1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the pan or barrel inside your air fryer and air fry for 5 minutes, then flip. Air fry for the remaining time or until done, making sure to flip, combine, as well as to distribute the seasoning mid-cooking. Use an internal read thermometer to check whether the chicken tenders are cooked through (see notes).
- Once done, transfer the chicken tenders to a plate, garnish with some chopped parsley (optional), and serve with your favorite sides.handful chopped parsley
- You can also start by adding water to the barrel or air frying tin, adding half of the prepared seasoning to it, and topping it with the frozen chicken tenderloins, melted butter, and the rest of the seasoning.
- You will know they are done when an internal read thermometer inserted in the middle of the chicken tenders reads 165°F (73°C).
- Smaller chicken tenders require a shorter amount of time to cook than bigger ones. For this reason, check mid-cooking and adjust the time accordingly. Should the cooking time be over before the chicken tenders are done, simply increase it in two-minute increments until the chicken is cooked through.
- If cooking several batches, bear in mind that subsequent batches may require a shorter time period to cook, because the air fryer is already hot.
frequently asked questions
To cook frozen chicken tenders in the air fryer without thawing, preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F. Place the frozen tenders in the air fryer basket and cook for 15-20 minutes or until done, flipping mid-cooking. You will know they are done when an internal read thermometer inserted in the middle of the chicken tenders reads 165°F or 73°C.
Reheat cooked chicken tenders in the air fryer at 360°F (180°C) for 3-5 minutes, or until warmed through.