If you love green beans as I do, then you are going to love these Ninja Air fryer green beans with garlic and parmesan cheese! This is because these green beans are tasty, easy to make, and in just a few minutes, you can have the perfect side dish!
And while you are making this recipe, don't forget to check out our collection of Ninja Foodi Recipes!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites, at no extra cost to you.
air fryer garlic green beans you will love!
There are so many reasons to love this recipe! For starters, just like my German green bean salad, it comes together really easily. Other than that, these air-fried green beans:-
- have a wonderful texture; they are tender inside and crispy outside! Plus, you can easily adjust the time to cook them to your liking!
- combine the flavors of garlic, Parmesan, and lemon juice, which means they taste amazing!
- are easy and quick to make. Even air fryer beginners will be comfortable making them.
- are low-carb and keto-friendly plus, you can make them paleo-friendly by leaving out the Parmesan cheese!
This is a summary of the ingredients needed to make Ninja Foodi air fryer green beans, as well as possible options for substitution. See the full measurements in the recipe card provided below.
- Fresh green beans – when it comes to picking green beans, you want to go for greener and firm ones as they cook more tender.
- Grated Parmesan cheese – If you can, then grate your own Parmesan cheese as it has a much better flavor (it has a fresher and creamier taste) plus, store-bought Parmesan cheese tends to have preservatives added to keep it fresh.
- In addition, you will need some freshly minced garlic, salt, pepper, and some lemon juice. Lemon juice is an optional ingredient that I recommend, as it helps maintain the colour of the green beans.
how to make ninja air fryer green beans
This is a summary of how to make air fried green beans using the Ninja foodi or any air fryer. Please find the detailed recipe with the time and temperature in the recipe card below.
- Preheat your air fryer.
- Transfer the green beans to a bowl and top with the olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over the lemon juice, then combine.
- Arrange the green beans inside your air fryer basket, and air fry for 8 minutes until tender and cooked through. Shake the basket or flip the green beans halfway through cooking.
- Transfer to a plate, sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese on top, then serve.
Increase the cooking time in 2-minute increments until the desired level of tenderness or crispiness has been achieved, should you notice that the cooking time is over, and the green beans are not tender or crispy enough.
other toppings to try
Try these other tasty toppings:-
- Top with some crispy air fried bacon. This option also makes for a tasty low-carb and complete meal.
- Top with some fried shallots or onions.
- For some bite, serve with silvered and toasted almonds or other types of nuts, such as pine nuts.
- We also like to sometimes top ours with some herbed panko or breadcrumbs; this really tastes amazing!
These air fryer green beans with Parmesan go well with so many dishes. Some of my favorite options you can try include:-
how to store leftover ninja air fryer green beans
- To maximize the shelf life, keep leftover green beans in an airtight container in the fridge within two hours of cooking. You want to make sure they are completely cool before refrigerating. Stored properly, green beans will keep in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
- To freeze, wrap the green beans in aluminum foil or store them in an airtight, freezer-friendly container. They will keep in the freezer for 10-12 months.
To reheat, transfer your green beans to a bowl and top with 1-2 tablespoons of water and olive oil. Reheat in the air fryer at 375 degrees F (191 degrees C) or in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, until warmed through. Read more about reheating green beans in my favourite article on the topic.
more side dishes
Try these other delicious side dishes!
Great news, you have made it this far which means you probably made or are making these Ninja air fryer green beans! It would go a long way if you could leave a ⭐rating on the recipe card or comment in the comments section below.
Feel free to follow me on my social channels! Tag me @weeatatlast (formerly paleolowcarbkate) on Instagram, pin it on Pinterest, or like my Facebook page for the latest updates! Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel or Newsletter for regular recipe notifications!
Ninja Air Fryer Green Beans
- 500 g fresh green beans (with the stems removed) (approximately 1 lb)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-3 cloves minced garlic (use more or less, depending on taste)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan grated cheese
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F (or 190 degrees C). In a medium-sized bowl, combine the green beans, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over the lemon juice, then combine.500 g fresh green beans (with the stems removed), 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1-3 cloves minced garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon black pepper, 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Arrange the green beans in a single layer, inside your air fryer basket, and air fry for 8-10 minutes until tender and cooked through. Increase the time if you prefer your green beans more crispy (see notes). Depending on the air fryer model you are using, shake the basket or flip the green beans halfway through cooking.
- Transfer to a plate, sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese on top, then serve.2 tablespoon Parmesan grated cheese
- Realised that the cooking time is over and your green beans are still not tender or crispy enough? Then simply increase the cooking time in 2-minute increments until the desired level of tenderness or crispiness has been achieved.