Perfectly seasoned and delicious air fryer salmon bites with crispy edges topped with a wonderful garlic and Parmesan cream sauce! This delectable dish made with no breading will have you asking for more!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites, at no extra cost to you.
air fryer salmon bites with garlic cream sauce
These air-fried lemon pepper salmon bites are a quick and delicious side or appetizer. Made with no breading, low-carb and easy to make, this is also one of those dishes you can wow your guests with.
You will require the following ingredients:-
This is a summary of the ingredients needed to make this recipe, as well as possible options for substitution. See the full measurements in the recipe card provided below.
- salmon fillet - you can use fresh or thawed salmon fillet here. Remove the skin and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- seasonings - lemon pepper, brown sugar (or a low-carb brown sugar alternative such as swerve) , paprika powder, salt, and black pepper.
- garlic - freshly minced garlic to make the creamy garlic sauce, as well as to cook the salmon with. Feel free to substitute this with garlic powder.
- dairy - butter, heavy cream, and some grated Parmesan cheese, which adds flavor and helps thicken the sauce.
- other - you will also need a shallot and some freshly chopped parsley, and some lemon slices to serve.
how to make ninja air fry salmon bites
This is a summary of how to make air fryer salmon bites with no breading. See the detailed steps, storage, and reheating instructions in the recipe card provided below.
- Air fry the salmon:- cut salmon into bite-sized pieces, combine all the spices in a small bowl, then top the fish with butter, garlic, and the prepared spice mixture. Air fry the salmon bites.
- Prepare the garlic cream sauce:- sweat the shallot and saute the garlic in olive oil and butter. Stir in the heavy cream, salt, and Parmesan cheese. Allow the sauce to slightly thicken and then top with the fresh parsley.
- Serve:- serve the salmon bites on plates and top with the creamy garlic and parmesan sauce.
Serve these salmon bites as a side dish with fresh vegetables, alongside some mashed pototoes, air fryer potato wedges, air-fried sweet potato cubes, air fryer rice or Instant Pot cauliflower mashed potatoes as a quick low-carb option.
The salmon bites also taste amazing served with yellow rice, bread, or as a topping on salads. You can also serve them as an entree or appetizer.
- Generally, you want to go for farm-raised salmon which is generally fatty, and milder in flavor (so not much of a fishy smell). It also holds its texture, which means it doesn't easily fall apart when cooked.
- Salmon that is well-chilled, even slightly frosty, is the best to cut as it cuts up more easily and evenly.
- Grate your own Parmesan cheese for the best flavors!
Recipe variations: Take this dish an extra mile by adding a third a cup of white wine; chardonnay, riesling, pinot gris or some low-sodium chicken stock as a non-alcoholic option. I used parsley but dill, thyme, chervil, and tarragon work wonders so use these if you can! Don't like salmon? Then try Arctic Char, Trout, Stripped Bass or Mahi Mahi fish instead. To make it keto-friendly, use suitable brown-sugar alternatives such as swerve and serve it with low-carb rice, or your favorite keto sides!
more air fryer recipes!
You will love my Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Recipes!
Ninja Air Fryer Salmon Bites with Garlic Cream Sauce
- 1 pound salmon
- ½ teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar - see notes (or a low-carb brown sugar alternative)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (or more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter (unsalted, melted)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (to make the sauce)
- 1 tablespoon butter (to make the sauce)
- 1 small shallot - chopped (half of a small onion)
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic (use more ,or less, according to taste)
- 1½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp salt (taste)
- 1 handful freshly chopped parsley (or your favorite herbs such as thyme, or tarragon).
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, lemon pepper, brown sugar, sweet paprika, and black pepper.½ teaspoon salt, 1½ teaspoon lemon pepper, 1 teaspoon brown sugar - see notes, 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Pat the salmon dry using a paper towel and cut it into bite-sized 1-1½ inch cubes. Transfer the pieces to a bowl, and top with the melted butter, garlic, and the prepared spices.½ teaspoon freshly minced garlic, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 pound salmon
- Line your air fryer basket with an air fryer liner or spray it with an olive oil spray, for easier cleanup.
- Place the salmon pieces inside the basket in a single layer, and air fry at 400°F (200°C) for 5-7 minutes. Prepare the sauce while the salmon is cooking and make sure to check midway through and shake your air fryer basket accordingly. Depending on the air fryer you are using, you may need to flip the salmon pieces using a pair of tongs.
- Air fry until the salmon cubes are cooked through in the middle and browned around the edges.
- To make the garlic sauce, heat olive oil in a pan or skillet, add the butter and allow it to melt. Add the shallot or onion and garlic, then saute for a few seconds (or until translucent).1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 small shallot - chopped, 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- Gradually stir in the heavy cream, salt, and parmesan cheese, and allow the garlic cream sauce to simmer for 2-5 minutes, or until thickened.1½ cup heavy cream, ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Stir in the chopped parsley then remove the pan from the heat. To serve, transfer the air-fried salmon bites to plates and top with the garlic cream sauce. Serve with rice, mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, or your favorite sides.1 handful freshly chopped parsley
- Make this recipe keto-friendly by using a suitable brown sugar alternative. This is available to purchase online, alternatively, you can simply make your keto brown sugar.
- These salmon cubes taste best when served immediately. You can, however, keep them in the fridge for 3-5 days. To reheat, simply air fry at 400°F for 5 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Make this recipe your own and use your favorite spices or herbs.
- The sauce can be kept in the fridge for 3-5 days and in the freezer for up to 6 months.