Looking for a healthy and refreshing way to start your day? Then try this blueberry bliss tropical smoothie. Packed with antioxidants and nutrients, this smoothie is flavorful, and ready to have in just a few minutes.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites, at no extra cost to you.
blueberry bliss tropical smoothie
We love to start our day with this flavorful smoothie! Combining the flavors of blueberries, strawberries, and banana, it is creamy, refreshing, delicious, and is not overbearingly sweet. Here are a few other reasons why you will love this recipe!
- ♥ nutritious: blueberries have great antioxidant properties. Strawberries, and bananas are all packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can boost your immune system and promote overall health.
- ♥ easy to make: With just a few simple ingredients and a blender, you can easily whip up a blueberry bliss tropical smoothie in minutes.
- ♥ versatile: you can easily customize this tropical smoothie by adding in other fruits or veggies to suit your taste and nutritional preferences.
why the name blueberry tropical smoothie?
The name comes from Tropical Smoothie Café’s blueberry bliss smoothie, which is made using fresh blueberries and banana, chilled strawberries (frozen then thawed), ice, and turbinado sugar.
And since we are going to be making this at home without the high-speed restaurant-style blenders, my version includes some milk for easier blending (plant milk is also okay here). Obviously, you can leave it out if you want to keep your smoothie as close as possible to the original version and feel your blender is powerful enough!
ingredients you will need:-
This is a summary of the ingredients you will need to make blueberry bliss tropical smoothie, as well as possible options for substitution, if any. You will find the full ingredient measurements in the recipe card provided below.
- frozen or chilled (frozen then thawed) strawberries .
- ice cubes or crushed ice - here, you want to use just a small amount of ice because the strawberries are already frozen. Otherwise the smoothie may end up too watered down.
- milk - use your favorite type of milk, such as almond or coconut milk.
- raw cane (turbinado) sugar, brown sugar, or even low-calorie sweeteners, such as Splenda.
how to make
While making a smoothie is usually just a matter of adding all the ingredients to the blender and processing them, here, you want to do this in the right order, so the smoothie gets that lovely texture.
- First, you want to gather your ingredients.
- Next, add your milk to your blender, followed by the frozen fruit, and then the fresh fruit (in that order). Blend this to your desired consistency. This gives the smoothie a creamier texture.
- Once done, add your ice (or crushed ice) and blend. This is what keeps the smoothie chilled and refreshing, which is what we want!
- Pour to glasses, serve and enjoy!
Make this blueberry tropical smoothie your own and feel free to substitute the ingredients as follows:-
- Use your favorite fruits such as pineapple, or mango. Dont like banana? Leave it out and use more berries instead.
- Add some Greek yogurt in place of the milk, for a creamier consistency and some protein.
- Add some seeds, chia, flax or hemp seeds; all taste great with smoothies!
- Or add a handful of spinach or your favorite greens for some vitamins and fiber.
- Make this recipe using low-calorie sweeteners, such as Splenda if you prefer.
refrigeration and freezing
This blueberry bliss smoothie will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days, after which the taste and color starts to change. We sometimes like to keep ours in ready-to-blend bags in the fridge or freezer, so we can just pop the ingredients in the blender when we want to have a smoothie.
To freeze, transfer to suitable airtight containers and keep in your freezer for up to 3 months.
more healthy drink recipes
Great news, you have made it this far which means you probably made or are making this blueberry bliss tropical smoothie recipe! It would go a long way if you could leave a ⭐rating on the recipe card or comment in the comments section below.
Feel free to follow me on my social channels! Tag me @weeatatlast (formerly paleolowcarbkate) on Instagram, pin it on Pinterest, or like my Facebook for the latest updates! Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel or Newsletter for regular recipe notifications!
Blueberry Bliss Tropical Smoothie
- 1 cup milk of choice, such as almond milk
- 1 cup frozen strawberries - approx. 200 g / 7 oz.
- 1 cup blueberries - approx. 200 g / 7 oz.
- 3 tablespoon brown, or raw cane (turbinado) sugar - see notes* (optional)
- 1 banana
- ¾ cup ice or crushed ice
- Add milk, frozen strawberries, blueberries, sugar, and the banana in that order, to your blender. Process until you obtain your desired consistency.
- Add the ice cubes and blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer the blueberry bliss tropical smoothie to glasses and serve, chilled.
- To keep this recipe healthy, you can choose to leave out the sugar. Alternatively, substitute it with maple syrup, honey, brown sugar, or low-calorie sweeteners, such as Splenda.
- Keep in the fridge for 2-3 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.