Making juicy burgers has never been easier! Get dinner on the table in 20 minutes with this simple air fryer, frozen turkey burger recipe!
I have seen people go crazy about making frozen food using the air fryer before and let's just say, I now understand why. Talk about a win-win situation, you get to get delicious food on the table, in a fraction of time, without having to thaw!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites, at no extra cost to you.
ingredient and equipment
- Air Fryer - I used my Ninja Foodi 8 Quart TenderCrisp Multicooker for this recipe but any model should do.
- Frozen Turkey Burger Patties - these are readily available at most grocery stores, but keep an eye on the ingredients list. Always check the labels to confirm whether it fits into your specific dietary requirements.
- Some burger seasoning, or your favorite seasonings.
making frozen turkey burgers in the air fryer
- Place the unthawed, frozen burgers in a single layer in the basket.
- Air fry at 350°F/ 176°C for 15 minutes, making sure to flip each patty halfway through, then add your favorite burger seasoning. Air fry further for the remaining time until cooked through ( which means when the the centres are no longer pink and each burger has attained an internal temperature of at least 165°F).
- Once cooked, remove using a spatula and set aside on a plate.
- Serve the turkey burger on buns (or low carb buns if preferred), with your favorite toppings, slice on salads or simply enjoy them as they are.
time and temperature needed to cook frozen turkey burgers using the air fryer?
The time and temperature will totally depend on the size and thickness of the burgers. When it comes to cooking frozen turkey burgers , it is more important to check on the internal temperature than count the total cooking time (they should attain the USDA recommended minimum internal temperature of 165°F).
Cooked at a temperature of 375°F, frozen turkey burgers will require 10-15 minutes on average to cook through. Check on them midway through cooking and flip.
Can I Use Homemade Turkey Burgers?
Yes, you certainly can use this recipe for homemade turkey burgers instead of frozen patties. Just bear in mind that the cooking time will differ. In this case, start with a cooking time of 8 minutes and adjust the time accordingly, until the desired temperature of at least 165°F is obtained.
What Toppings Can I use on my Burgers?
When it comes to topping your burgers, there is no right or wrong so feel free to load them the way you like. Some of my favorite variations include:-
- You do not need to spray or grease your air fryer basket, because frozen burgers have a high fat content and will release some fat during cooking.
- The time it takes to cook frozen turkey burger patties will depend on size: bigger patties basically require longer to cooke. 10-15 minutes is a sweet spot, but as mentioned, make sure the internal temperature reaches at least 165°F.
- Do not overcrowd the frozen patties in the basket, rather place them in a single layer in the basket to enable them to cook evenly. The Ninja foodi 8 Quart tendercrisp will fit 2 medium-sized patties or 1 large one, but the number of patties you can fit will depend on the type of air fryer you have.
- Place a piece of aluminum foil or a few pieces of bread at the bottom of the basket, to help catch the grease and prevent smoking.
- In the fridge - allow the cooked patties to cool completely then keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Freezing - freeze the cooked patties in airtight, freezer-friendly containers for up to 6 months.
other tasty recipes to make
- Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Tilapia (from fresh or frozen) cook up in no time.
- This Air Fryer Whole Turkey is perfect for thanksgiving!
- Make our Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Chicken Schnitzel for a tasty, yet decadent dinner.
Great news, you have made it this far which means you probably made or are making this recipe! It would go a long way if you could leave a ⭐rating on the recipe card or comment in the comments section below.
Feel free to follow me on my social channels! Tag me @weeatatlast (formerly paleolowcarbkate) on Instagram, pin it on Pinterest, or like my Facebook for the latest updates! Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel or Newsletter for regular recipe notifications!
Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Burgers
- 4 frozen turkey burger patties.
- 1 tablespoon burger seasoning.
- Place the frozen turkey burgers in a single layer in the air fryer basket and season with your favorite burger seasoning.4 frozen turkey burger patties., 1 tablespoon burger seasoning.
- Air fry at 350°F/ 176°C for 7 minutes, flip each patty, and season the other side. Air fry for a further 8 minutes until cooked through and the burgers have attained an internal temperature of least165°F. Once cooked, remove using a spatula and set aside on a plate.
- Serve the turkey burgers while still hot on buns (or low carb buns if you prefer), with your favorite toppings, slice on salads, or simply enjoy them as they are.
- Because frozen burgers have a high-fat content and will release some fat during cooking, you do not need to spray or grease your air fryer basket in advance.
- The time it takes to air fry the patties will depend on size: bigger patties take longer. 10-15 minutes is a sweet spot, but as mentioned, make sure the internal minimum temperature of 165°F is attained.
- Do not overcrowd the frozen turkey burgers in the basket, but rather place them in a single layer to enable them to cook evenly. The Ninja foodi 8 Quart tender-crisp will fit 2 medium-sized patties or one large one, but the number of patties you can fit will depend on the type of air fryer you have.
- Place a piece of aluminum foil at the bottom of the basket, as it helps catch the grease and prevent smoking.
- Air Fryers can vary so kindly take the time to learn your specific model, as you may need to adjust cooking time and temperature depending on the make you own.
- Nutritional information is considered an estimate, based on tools that this website uses. It will vary, depending on the products used. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information.