This creamy and delicious Instant Pot Cheesecake with Peanut Butter and a Chocolate Ganache is the perfect dessert! It is keto-friendly and sugar-free too, so those with food sensitivities or on a low-carb diet can also enjoy it!
Before you skip to the recipe card, make sure to read through the post so you do not miss out on answers to common questions and useful tips related to this recipe.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites, at no extra cost to you.
For more tasty and easy Instant Pot recipes, make sure to check out my no-peel Instant Pot Applesauce, Instant Pot honey and garlic frozen chicken wings, and Instant Pot Chicken Breast with Potatoes.
reasons to love
Here are a few reasons why you will love this instant pot cheesecake as I do!
- decadent and delicious - it is the perfect family dessert! It is also great for special occassions such as birthdays, Thanksgiving and Christmas!
- no sour cream - wonderful news for the numerous people who prefer their cheesecake without sour cream!
- as I mentioned earlier, it is also sugar-free, gluten-free, low-carb and keto, so those with food sensitivities, on special diets or those simply not wishing to combine peanut butter and regular sugar can also enjoy!
In addition to the water you will use to pressure cook the cheesecake, you will basically need the following three sets of ingredients; one set to make the cheesecake crust, a second set to prepare the peanut butter filling, and a final set of ingredients to make the chocolate ganache (optional). This segment is a summary, a detailed printable card has been provided at the bottom of this page.
Here are the ingredients you will require for the cheesecake crust:
- almond flour - make sure to use blanched almond flour.
- powdered confectioner's Swerve - or preferred low-carb alternative.
- unsalted, melted butter - or coconut oil.
- some vanilla extract and a pinch of salt, to balance out the flavors.
You will require the ingredients below to make the creamy peanut butter filling. These need to be at room temperature to prevent having cold spots or lumps.
- cream cheese - at room temperature.
- smooth (keto-friendly) peanut butter.
- powdered Swerve or preferred sugar-free sweetener.
- large eggs (also at room temperature).
- room temperature heavy whipping cream.
- vanilla extract.
And finally, here is what you will need to make the chocolate ganache.
- a cup of heavy cream, powdered sugar-free Swerve (leave it out if you prefer the dark bitter-ish taste of chocolate), and a cup of sugar-free dark chocolate chips.
- if you prefer, set aside a few tablespoons of chopped nuts to garnish the cheesecake. This is however, totally optional.
how to make Keto Peanut Butter Instant Pot Cheesecake
Here is a step-by-step breakdown of how to make this recipe:-
- Grease some parchment paper then line a 7-inch baking springform pan with it. Next, prepare the crust for the Instant Pot Cheesecake. To do this, mix all the dry ingredients (mix almond flour, sweetener, and a pinch of salt in a bowl). Next, add the melted butter and vanilla extract then combine. Transfer the mixture to your baking pan and press.
- Proceed on to prepare the heavy whipping cream and peanut butter filling. In a bowl, mix cream cheese, powdered sweetener, heavy whipping cream, eggs, and vanilla extract. Use your whisk or electric mixer for this if you prefer. As a side note, you can warm the peanut butter at 600 watts in the microwave for about 20 seconds, if too firm. Add the peanut butter into the bowl with the cream cheese mixture then combine.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream mixture on top of the prepared crust. Use a spatula or the back of a spoon to smooth it out. Gently tap the bottom of the springform pan to get rid of air bubbles then transfer it to the fridge so it chills down.
- Meanwhile, pour one cup of water into the Instant Pot. Place the Instant Pot trivet or rack inside. As an alternative, you can roll out aluminium foil and wrap it around the springform to prevent excess moisture from seeping into the Instant Pot Cheesecake. You can also place a clean kitchen cloth or paper towel on top of the springform or use both the aluminium foil and kitchen cloth.
- Carefully lower the wrapped springform and place it on top of the trivet (see useful tips below, If you do not own a trivet). Close the Instant Pot, set the lid to seal and program it to pressue cook at high.
- Allow the Instant Pot to naturally pressure release once the cooking time is done. Carefully lift out the spring form and set it on the countertop to cool for at least 30 minutes before chilling it in the fridge.
- Next, prepare the chocolate ganache. While this is an optional step, it does wonders in finishing and decorating the cheesecake. Plus, the combination of peanut butter and chocolate is just wonderful! To start, heat heavy cream in a small pot until slightly hot or warm, but not boiling. Place the dark chocolate chips together with the powdered sweetener in a bowl and pour over the hot heavy cream then whisk.Finally, spread the chocolate ganache on top of the Instant Pot Cheesecake with Peanut Butter. Garnish with chopped peanuts if preferred.
This Keto Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake actually tastes best served chilled in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours, or overnight. It can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for 2- 4 days.
Here are some useful recipe tips that will help you prepare the best keto Instant Pot peanut butter cheesecake!
- If you do not have a trivet, make a belt using aluminum foil to help you lower and remove the baking tin from the Instant Pot. To do this, simply cut out a 20-inch piece of tin foil, fold it in into a belt and place the baking tin in the middle of this belt, so it acts like a sling. Use this to carefully lower the springform into the Instant Pot, and later once the cake has pressure cooked.
- moisture - a common concern is about the Instant Pot Cheesecake being too soggy from the pressure cooking. To prevent your cake ending up soggy, cover the springform with a kitchen cloth or aluminium foil. This is by no means a must-do but you can do it if it makes you feel more confident. Simply note that you may have to increase the cooking time by approximately 15 minutes (on high) if covering the springform with a kitchen cloth.
frequently asked questions
You can tell that your cheesecake is done when it looks properly set and no longer jiggles. It is okay for only a small circle in the middle to jiggle, as this will set and firm up as the cake cools. Do not use a knife or sharp object to check for doneness, as this will create a crack on the top. It may also, give the wrong impression of doneness for cake recipes using a large amount of sour cream.
try these other delicious instant pot recipes!
In addition to this lemon-flavored Instant Pot cheesecake, these recipes are a must-try!
Great news, you have made it this far which means you probably made Keto and sugar-free Instant Pot Cheesecake! It would go a long way if you could leave a ⭐rating on the recipe card or comment in the comments section below.
Feel free to check me out and follow on my socials Instagram and Facebook, or Pin recipes on Pinterest for later! Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel or Newsletter, for regular notifications!
Instant Pot Cheesecake with Peanut Butter
Instant Pot Cheesecake Crust
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoon powdered confectioner's Swerve
- 3 tablespoon unsalted, melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- some cooking spray or melted butter (to grease the parchement paper or springform)
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 lbs cream cheese at room temperature about 450 grams
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered Swerve or any brand of powdered erythritol
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Ganache (optional)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered Swerve or your preferred confectioner’s sweetener
- 1 cup sugar free dark chocolate chips
To pressure cook
- 1½ cups water (to pressure cook)
Instant Pot Cheesecake - Crust
- Use cooking spray or butter to grease parchment paper then line a 7-inch baking springform pan with the parchment paper.some cooking spray or melted butter
- Start by making the crust for the Instant Pot Cheesecake. To do this, mix all the dry ingredients (almond flour, sweetener, and salt in a bowl). Next, add in the melted butter together with the vanilla extract and combine with the flour-sweetener mixture, making sure everything is well incorporated. Use a spatula to transfer the mixture into the previously lined baking pan making sure it is spread out evenly. You can use the bottom of a glass to press the mixture firmly into the baking tin.¾ cup almond flour, 3 tablespoon powdered confectioner's Swerve, 3 tablespoon unsalted, melted butter, pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Filling
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, powdered Swerve, whipping cream, eggs and vanilla extract. Make sure everything is well incorporated. You can use your whisk or electric mixer for this.1 lbs cream cheese at room temperature, 1 cup powdered Swerve, 2 eggs, ½ cup heavy whipping cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Warm the peanut butter at 600 watts in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Stir-in the peanut butter into the bowl with the cream cheese mixture. Use an electric mixer or your whisk to process everything together.¾ cup peanut butter
- Pour the mixture on top of the previously prepared crust. Use a spatula or the back of a spoon to smooth it out. Gently tap the bottom of the springform pan to get rid of air bubbles. Transfer to the fridge and allow to chill.
- Pour one and a half cups of water into the Instant Pot. Place the Instant Pot trivet or rack inside, with its handles facing down. Place a clean kitchen cloth or paper towel on top of the spring form. Roll out aluminum foil and wrap it around the spring form to prevent any moisture from sipping in.1½ cups water
- Carefully lower the wrapped spring form and place it on top of the trivet. Close the Instant Pot, set the lid to SEAL and program it to PRESSURE COOK at HIGH for 35 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to naturally pressure release once the cooking time is done. When the natural pressure release is over, carefully lift out the spring form and set it on the countertop to cool for at least 30 minutes before chilling it in the fridge. Refrigerate the Instant Pot cheesecake for at least 3-4 hours, or overnight.
Chocolate Ganache - optional
- Heat heavy cream in a microwave at 600W for 30 seconds until slightly hot or warm, but not boiling. Place the dark chocolate chips together with the powdered sweetener in a bowl and pour over the hot heavy cream. Add the powdered Swerve then whisk everything in a bowl, to combine.1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1 cup sugar free dark chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon powdered Swerve
- Finally, pour the chocolate ganache on top of the Instant Pot Cheesecake (the chocolate topping is optional). Garnish with chopped peanuts if preferred and serve.
- If you do not have a trivet, make a belt or sling using aluminum foil to help you lower and remove the baking tin from the Instant Pot.
- moisture - a common concern is about the Instant Pot Cheesecake being too soggy from the pressure cooking. To prevent your cake from ending up soggy, cover the springform with a kitchen cloth or aluminium foil. Simply note that you may have to increase the cooking time by approximately 15 minutes (on high) if covering the springform with a kitchen cloth.
- The optional chocolate ganache has not been included in the calorie calculation.