This cheese Keto cauliflower soup recipe with heavy cream and cheddar is the perfect remedy for those cold evenings. It is super quick to make, can be made ahead, and freezes well hence great for those busy weeknights.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites, at no extra cost to you.
why you will love this recipe
- This soup is kid-friendly - yes, you read it right. The cheddar cheese results in a delicious creaminess which means it can be enjoyed by both young and old.
- This cauliflower soup keeps well in the fridge and is freezer friendly - it will keep in the fridge for up to 3-5 days and in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Gluten-free and nut-free - therefore great for those with these special dietary requirements.
- Tastes equally good with frozen cauliflower - sometimes it may not be possible to go out to the market to get fresh produce. Don't have fresh cauliflower? Don't worry, it is perfectly safe to use frozen cauliflower.
- Easily adaptable into a vegan soup - to change this soup to a vegan soup, soak 1 cup of cashews overnight and use a high-speed blender to blend into a creamy smoothie. Use this instead of the whipping cream. Use vegan margarine instead of butter.
- No gourmet ingredients are needed - the recipe uses ingredients that you will most certainly find at your local shop or supermarket.
how to make the best cheese Keto cauliflower soup
This is a super quick recipe and involves just a few simple steps. A detailed recipe card has also been provided below.
- Prepare the vegetables: Wash and cut your cauliflower into florets - frozen cauliflower florets will do too. Slice the shallots or onions.
- Saute and add the rest of the vegetables: In a medium-sized pot or pan, briefly saute shallots or onions. Add the cauliflower florets and allow to simmer in vegetable broth.
- Add heavy cream and cheese: Stir-in cheese and cream.
- Blend: Use an immersion blender to process until smooth.
- Serve on plates and garnish with preferred toppings.
toppings and variations
The soup is already filling on its own because of the cheese. It also pairs well with the following delicious toppings.
- Almond silvers - which add a nice crunch to the soup.
- Chives - give the soup an oniony flavor without being too overbearing.
- Parsley - is a great topping for almost any soup. This soup is no exception. Parsley also has the added advantage of being readily available.
- A drizzle of melted butter - adds to the richness of the soup. Also enhances the creamy taste.
- Low carb or keto bread, or croutons - If you are really hungry then serve it with some sliced low carb or keto bread as a main meal or as an appetizer.
- Coconut or olive oil - particularly great as a topping for those on a low carb or keto diet.
Great news, you have made it this far which means you probably made or are making this keto cheese cauliflower soup! It would go a long way if you could leave a ⭐rating on the recipe card or comment in the comments section below.
Feel free to follow me on my social channels! Tag me @weeatatlast (formerly paleolowcarbkate) on Instagram, pin it on Pinterest, or like on Facebook for the latest updates! Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel or our Newsletter for regular recipe notifications!
Best Cheese Keto Cauliflower Soup
- 500 g cauliflower florets (approx 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small shallot alternatively - half of a small onion
- 150 g shredded cheddar cheese (approx. ⅓ pound)
- 200 g whipping cream about 7 ounce
- 3 cups vegetable broth 1-2 more cups if preferred
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped chives or parsley to garnish or as preferred
- Wash and cut your cauliflower into florets. Frozen cauliflower florets will do too. Slice the shallots or onions.
- In a medium-sized pot or pan, heat butter under medium heat and briefly saute the shallots or onions. Add the cauliflower florets and vegetable broth and allow this to simmer.500 g cauliflower florets, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 small shallot, 3 cups vegetable broth
- Stir-in cheese and heavy cream, season with salt and pepper, then use an immersion blender to process until smooth.150 g shredded cheddar cheese, 200 g whipping cream, salt and pepper to taste
- Serve on plates and garnish with chopped chives or parsley, or as desired.chopped chives or parsley to garnish
- Almond silvers – which add a nice crunch to the soup.
- Chives – gives the soup an oniony flavour without being too overbearing.
- Parsley – is a great topping for almost any soup. This soup is no exception. Parsley also has the added advantage of being readily available.
- A drizzle of melted butter – adds to the richness of the soup. Also enhances the creamy taste.
- Low carb or keto bread, or croutons – If you are really hungry then serve it with some sliced low carb or keto bread as a main meal or as an appetizer.
- Coconut or olive oil – particularly great as a topping for those on a low carb or keto diet.