INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our website is designed to collect data that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being linked with, a specific consumer or device—referred to as "Personal Information". In the past twelve months, we've gathered the following categories of personal information:
- A. Identifiers: Such as your real name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, and other similar identifiers.
- B. Personal Information: As per the California Customer Records statute, this includes your name, contact details, education, employment history, financial details, and medical information.
- C. Protected Classification Characteristics: This covers demographic data, such as age and veteran or military status, under California or federal law.
- D. Commercial Information: We track records of products or services purchased or considered.
- E. Biometric Information: Including data from physical patterns and sleep, health, or exercise data.
- F. Internet Activity: We record your browsing history, search history, and interactions with our website and advertisements.
- G. Geolocation Data: We may collect information about your physical location.
- H. Sensory Data: Such as audio, electronic, visual, and similar information.
- I. Professional or Employment-Related Information: Including current or past job history.
- J. Non-Public Education Information: This refers to education records like grades, transcripts, and other related information.
- K. Inferences: We may draw inferences from any of the collected data to create a profile about your preferences and characteristics.
These personal details are collected from direct interactions, automated technologies, and third-party sources to enable us to offer and improve our services, cater to your preferences, and ensure a secure and optimized user experience.
Technical data from the following parties:
(a) Analytics providers such as Google;
(b) Advertising networks such as Mediavine;
(c) Website newsletter providers such as ConvertKit.
Data from publicly available sources such as internet search engines based inside and outside the United States.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our usage of personal information encompasses a variety of business-related purposes. These include:
- Registering and managing subscriptions
- Communicating changes to policies or terms
- Encouraging reviews or survey participation
- Facilitating contest participation
- Protecting the integrity of our business and website operations
- Tailoring and evaluating the relevance of content and advertisements
- Utilizing data analytics to refine our offerings and customer interactions
- Recommending products or services based on individual interests
We are committed to not using the personal information we collect for significantly different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without notifying you.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
For business operations, your personal information may be shared with third-party entities, which include:
- Affiliates of We Eat At Last
- Professional advisors such as legal and financial consultants
- Regulatory and government bodies for compliance purposes
- Various service providers and partners
- Promotional and contest partners
- Advertisers and advertising networks
- Social media platforms
We mandate these third parties to safeguard the personal information and limit their use solely to the purposes for which they were provided.
Sales of Personal Information
Over the previous year, we have not engaged in the sale of any personal information. However, the CCPA defines 'sell' broadly, and we disclose that we partner with third-party service providers and affiliates who may access personal information via cookies or similar technologies.
California Information & Deletion Rights
As a California resident, the CCPA grants you specific rights regarding your personal information, such as requesting disclosure, accessing, and deleting certain information we hold about you. We respect your right to privacy and offer means to manage your information preferences.
To ensure the security of your data, we will verify your identity when you make requests regarding your personal information. This process may involve confirming details such as your name, email, and address.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that we have collected. Upon a verified request, we will delete your data from our records unless an exception applies, such as the need to complete transactions or comply with legal obligations.
Response Timing and Format
We aim to respond to verified consumer requests within forty-five days and will communicate if additional time is needed. We provide responses via the contact information supplied in your request and do not charge a fee unless the request is excessive or unfounded.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any CCPA rights. We will continue to treat all consumers equally, regardless of their privacy choices.
For further inquiries or to exercise your rights under California law, please contact us using our online contact form.
This document is effective as of November 2020 and ensures adherence to the CCPA guidelines.